Sunday, May 31, 2009

adidas sundown marathon 2009


clocked 4hr32min on my watch for this one...even though there was no improvement timing wise, it was my best marathon outing, pain-wise, since my first marathon back in scm 2006.

early on in the run i tried to maintain within 6min per km and hydrated myself whenever i could...i even power-gelled at 10+km...

as compared to previous marathons where i started hydrating only after 10km and power-gelled much much later...

result was there was no recurrence of those immense pain in the legs which had to force me to completely stop running! i've never ran non-stop for so long in a marathon! walking was kept at a minimal and i grabbed for deep heat only once!

considering i didnt clock any mileage prior to this marathon, i'd say i'm mightily pleased with the result...

No comments: